Use of GitHub

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:48:04 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Just to clarify the issue raised by Jeremy in today's call.

We have a GitHub repository for the WG [1] and this is where we'll
develop the documents. Almost all W3C WGs and, I think now, many OGC
WGs, do this. For an example, see [2, 3].

Some WG's use GitHub's issue tracker but, personally, I prefer to use
the W3C's Trackbot as it is is integrated with the IRC. So, for example,
in IRC you can type:

Issue: Why is life so hard?

And the issue is automatically created in the system. And if that
becomes issue 1 well then you can type:

Issue-1?

And Trackbot will put all the details into the IRC for you. Furthermore,
any e-mail sent to the WG's mailing list with 'Issue-1' in the subject
line or body is automatically added to the Issue.

There are moves to provide this level of integration with GitHub's issue
tracker but it's not there yet.

As W3C staff I have the necessary ACL to add members with write access
to the GitHub repo. I've added Jeremy already and will add others as
necessary.

Hope that's all clear.

Phil.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/sdw