Re: the need for a glossary

Hi Frans and Kerry,

A useful glossary must be a shared endeavor and thanks for setting up a wiki page.

From working on other glossaries I’ve observed that consistency is crucial and highly time consuming to achieve if everyone has their “fingers” on the one or a few terms about which they feel strongest.

It will take less time and produce far more useful results for a sub-group with representatives of each domain to come up with a strawman of a limited glossary with illustrations (and/or a mind map showing how they relate to one another) and to ask all others to comment than to have many authors proposing terms and simultaneously editing the entries.

Christine

Spime Wrangler
cperey@perey.com
@cperey