RE: discoverability and crawlability [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

... But still retain the rich contextual information that describes the spatial data set and that allows a potential user to assess whether the data is suitable for their specific use case. This use will probably be at contrary to that for which the data set was originally created for (... and is probably being maintained for).

Bruce

From: Ed Parsons [eparsons@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 April 2015 8:31 PM
To: Frans Knibbe
Cc: SDW WG Public List; Alejandro Llaves
Subject: Re: discoverability and crawlability

Hi Frans,

I think we are trying to express the issue that Geospatial information because of the way it has been published/shared up until this point is not discoverable in the way say ascii, csv, or even pdf is.  It is less to do with missing standards as to best practice in terms of publishing at a granular level data with uri's and not publishing using opaque service interfaces.

Ed

Ed Parsons
Geospatial Technologist, Google

Mobile: +44 (0)7
​825 382263

Personal blog www.edparsons.com/blog/<http://www.edparsons.com/blog/>

"It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy."