W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > April 2015

[Minutes] 2015-04-08

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 21:56:59 +0100
Message-ID: <5525961B.2080107@w3.org>
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
The minutes from today's meeting are at 
http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html and copied below for 
convenience.

Main things were:

- If you haven't already done so, please fill in the Doodle at
http://doodle.com/q5894akqwzvbnwca as we need to change the meeting time 
now that changes to/from daylight saving time have all gone through 
around the world.

- If you provided a use case, please check that your requirements are 
included in the spreadsheet at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PSnpJYQDgsdgZgPJEfUU0EhVfgFFYGc1WL4xUX9Dunk/edit

- Several UC authors, but not all, have action items logged in the 
system to do this. See 
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/open. Kerry, Erich, Matt, 
Cory, Bart and Bill, please close the action when done. If you send an 
e-mail to this list please cite your action in the subject line or body 
something like this:

For tracker: action-13, action-14, action-15, action-16, action-17, 
action 18. This e-mail will now be recorded as relevant to all those 
action items.

The Use Case doc itself is taking shape at
http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html

OK, today's minutes were:


           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

08 Apr 2015

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20150408

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           eparsons, Frans, kerry, Linda, BartvanLeeuwen,
           billroberts, SimonCox, +1.603.897.aaaa, MattPerry,
           +1.857.919.aabb, phila, JoshLieberman, erich, IanHolt,
           AndreaPerego, Alejandro_Llaves, stlemme, aharth,
           +1.412.390.aadd, CoryHenson

    Regrets
           Lars_Svensson, Clemens_Portele, Oscar_Corcho,
           Lewis_John_McGibbney, Rachel Heaven, Jitao Yang, Antoine 
Zimmerman

    Chair
           Kerry

    Scribe
           eparsons, phila

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Best Practices Requirements
          2. [6]Reqs from the SSN, Time and Coverage deliverables
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 08 April 2015

    <kerry> who is on the phone?

    <erich> i am

    <JoshLieberman> aabb is me

    <kerry> you cant her me?

    Kerry only just ..

    <stlemme> I guess I'm P7

    <Frans> I have learned the merits of muting myself, as a heavy
    breather

    <kerry> you cannot hear me?

    Kerry - NO

    [8]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/01-sdw-minutes.html

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2015/04/01-sdw-minutes.html

    [9]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/01-sdw2-minutes.html

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2015/04/01-sdw2-minutes.html

    <phila> PROPOSED: Accept the two sets of minutes

    +1

    <Linda> +1

    <IanHolt> +1

    <AndreaPerego> +1

    <erich> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <aharth> +1

    <phila> +1

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +1

    <JoshLieberman> +1

    <SimonCox> +1

    <billroberts> I wasn't there so can't comment!

    <Frans> +1

    <kerry> i zakim, [ipcaller is me

    <phila> RESOLVED: Accept the two sets of minutes

    <scribe> scribe : eparsons

    <phila> scribe; eparsons

    <Frans> I promise to read up on scribing, so I can do it a next
    time

    <phila> scribe: eparsons

    <phila> scribeNick: eparsons

    <kerry> [10]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [10] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

    Thx !

    <scribe> scribe:eparsons

    <phila> [11]Doodle Poll

      [11] http://doodle.com/q5894akqwzvbnwca

    <phila> [12]Leading candidate time

      [12] 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=New+regular+SDW+WG+time&iso=20150415T14&p1=136&ah=1

    kerry: Doodle Poll open until end of the week

    <SimonCox> No good options :-(

    <Zakim> phila, you wanted to ask if next week will be at the
    new time or old?

    Phila: next week new time ?

    Kerry: Depends - leave it open another week - need to give
    notice

    <phila> [13]The use cases

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Working_Use_Cases

    kerry: Main business summary of two meetings

    <phila> [14]The Spreadsheet

      [14] 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PSnpJYQDgsdgZgPJEfUU0EhVfgFFYGc1WL4xUX9Dunk/edit

    kerry: Volunteers ?

    <phila> scribe: phila

Best Practices Requirements

    eparsons: We worked through all the UCs we had
    ... and then abstract onto the spreadsheet the requirements

    <aharth> kerry, could you mute, there's an echo on your line

    eparsons: as the process went on, we came up with fewer and
    fewer new requirements
    ... most reqs came from first third of the UCs
    ... need to put more detail on those reqs
    ... make sure we agree on the meaning
    ... may need go back to the UC authors and check that the Reqs
    make sense
    ... I need to talk to Frans and make sure he's happy with what
    we have so far

    Frans: Yes... it's nice to see this
    ... I see the work has swicthed from the wiki to the
    spreadsheet
    ... I saw one Req was added
    ... as proof of the additional work done
    ... I do have one question.
    ... One of the Reqs in the spreadsheet for the BP - I assume
    each req has passed the scoping questions?

    ->
    [15]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Scope_questions_and_Re
    quirements Scoping questions

      [15] 
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Scope_questions_and_Requirements

    eparsons: I think we prob need to go through the reqs again to
    apply the scoping questions
    ... just to check that we're in scope
    ... that's my sense that we do need to do that

    <AndreaPerego> +1

    <Alejandro_Llaves> Agree with Ed

    kerry: From the otehr group, they were implicitly being done as
    we went along. It's worth a check but I think we're OK on that.

    eparsons: So I think that covers it from the BP work

    <eparsons> Phila I'm back on scribe

Reqs from the SSN, Time and Coverage deliverables

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q

    <scribe> scribe: eparsons

    Alejandro_llaves: similar approach
    ... good idea to apply scope questions again

    <SimonCox> +1 Alejandro_Llaves comment on scope of Time
    Ontology!

    Alejandro_Llaves: SimonCox questioned some time reqs
    ... Need to rephrase reqs next week , checks reqs have
    associated use case

    <phila> [16]Frans's work on the UCR so far

      [16] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html

    kerry: Action in tracker (good practice)

    <phila> ACTION: Kerry to review the requirements against the
    use cases she added [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Review the requirements against
    the use cases she added [on Kerry Taylor - due 2015-04-15].

    kerry: Phila can help with syntax

    <phila> action-13?

    <trackbot> action-13 -- Kerry Taylor to Review the requirements
    against the use cases she added -- due 2015-04-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/13

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/13

    phila: How actions work - swg emails will be picked up by
    tracker

    <phila> ACTION: erich to review the requirements against the
    use cases she added [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Review the requirements against
    the use cases she added [on Erich Bremer - due 2015-04-15].

    Kerry: Ask people to add actions ?

    Phila: erich ?

    <billroberts> ACTION: billroberts to review requirements for
    use case 34 [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'billroberts'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[21]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    Linda: I do already :-)

    <MattPerry> ACTION: Matthew to review requirements for use case
    16 [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Review requirements for use case
    16 [on Matthew Perry - due 2015-04-15].

    Frans: Would it be possible for Reqs to be expanded some only
    two words

    <CoryHenson> ACTION: CoryHenson to review the requirements
    against the use case he added [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'CoryHenson'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[24]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    Kerry: Would this stop you moving fwd ?
    ... Please do as much as you can to add detail

    <phila> ACTION: Cory to review the requirements against the use
    case he added [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Review the requirements against
    the use case he added [on Cory Henson - due 2015-04-15].

    <BartvanLeeuwen> ACTION: BartvanLeeuwen to review requirements
    for use case 13 [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'BartvanLeeuwen'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[27]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <AndreaPerego> About actions, just to note that we're still
    missing Clemens's and Chaals's actions from the Barcelona F2F:
    [28]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Minutes_from_Best_Prac
    tice_deliverable_group#Summary_of_Action_Items

      [28] 
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Minutes_from_Best_Practice_deliverable_group#Summary_of_Action_Items

    <phila> ACTION: Bart to review the requirements against the use
    case he added [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Review the requirements against
    the use case he added [on Bart van Leeuwen - due 2015-04-15].

    Kerry: Editors please ask contributors to check

    <phila> ACTION: bill to review requirements for use case 34
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action09]

    <phila> ACTION: bill to review requirements for use case 34
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action10]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-18 - Review requirements for use case
    34 [on Bill Roberts - due 2015-04-15].

    <billroberts> thanks phila - have just added a nick for myself

    Kerry: Action against Coryhenson

    Coryhenson: done :-)

    Kerry: coverage reqs still need to be done, but hold off for a
    few weeks before extra meeting
    ... Any other qs on use cases

    Erich: Interest Nuclear segmentation - large images - thanks
    phila for his homework

    Kerry: Next topic wiki
    ... Better use, call and email useful but would like wiki to be
    used more
    ... email may get lost...
    ... wiki better for recording
    ... take a look a wiki now - main page>work in progress..
    ... Added pages for references - existing work to link to use
    cases
    ... Explain why it is useful, feel free to add new pages
    ... Also wish list - ideas that could be done in addition to
    deliverables
    ... Thanks to those who have already contributed...
    ... Glossary - place to add terms even if you are uncomfortable
    ... Ontology design principles a good example...
    ... Main point is to document stuff using the wiki...
    ... Any q's

    Phila: wiki is active doc, when group is closed it will be
    frozen as a archive
    ... Use mailing list rather than individual emails for same
    reason

    Kerry: Completed agenda for today - please vote on time poll

    <AndreaPerego> Thanks, bye

    <BartvanLeeuwen> thx kerry

    <BartvanLeeuwen> bye

    <erich> thanks, bye

    <Linda> bye

    <Alejandro_Llaves> thanks, bye!

    <IanHolt> Thanks Kerry. Bye

    <JoshLieberman> bye

    <phila> trackbot, end meeting

    Kerry: Thank you for your attendance - see you some time next
    week !

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Bart to review the requirements against the use
    case he added [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: bill to review requirements for use case 34
    [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action10]
    [NEW] ACTION: Cory to review the requirements against the use
    case he added [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: erich to review the requirements against the use
    cases she added [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kerry to review the requirements against the use
    cases she added [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Matthew to review requirements for use case 16
    [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2015/04/08-sdw-minutes.html#action04]
    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 20:57:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:15 UTC