Re: adding hypermedia to spatial data best practices

Can you point to any best practice examples of how to use such patterns,
and cope with communities of practice using their private top-level
ontologies?  FYI the Hydro domain working group is looking at delivering a
formal OWL ontology for hydrological relationships, and the upper ontology
issue is the main hurdle, and we have not been able to identify a workable
practice, let alone one with a degree of acceptance. This would be a great
outcome for a SDW thread in a testbed, and we have some Use Cases to
support it.

Attached is a draft Use Case from the hydro domain - its unclear what the
commenting mechanism is.  Having read the meeting minutes I think you guys
have been skirting around these sort of cases, and this provides some
specific examples of how to bind the issues of existing communities of
practice, upper ontology dilemmas, use of spatial web services and the
potential value of a web of data where large data sets are involved.

any comments on the Use Case before I submit it, and any advice as to how
and where it should be submitted would be appreciated.  Dave Blodgett from
the USGS has indicated an interest in providing concrete scenarios and data
examples for testing these ideas.

Regards
Rob Atkinson