Re: Determining what prototype should be used for an object

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:20:21 -0500
To: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>
CC: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 11/14/14, 2:11 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Does this seem like a reasonable approach?

Though maybe we don't want to tie this to [NewObject] and instead just
say that an object that's created gets created in the current Realm,
with an opt-out for specs to use the Realm of "this" as needed, and just
manually adjust things like getContext.

I'd really welcome feedback here from both spec authors (Ian, see thread
start at
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2014OctDec/0156.html>)
and other implementors...