Re: Promises: Auto-assimilating thenables returned by .then() callbacks: yay/nay?

I'm surprised that no one has come up with *any* use cases. As I mentioned
before, I have encountered some use cases that individually seem to argue
for promises-for-promises. But I don't find them compelling. Given the
absence of promises-for-promises, these can easily work around their
absence. Here are two use cases. One of them even cuts both ways.

* The generic contract host defined in Figure 3 of <
http://research.google.com/pubs/pub40673.html> requires its contract
function to be a function of resolved arguments. It cannot handle a
contract function that could validly take a pending promise as argument
because it uses a Q.all to determine when all the arguments have arrived.

* The Infinite Queue at <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:concurrency#infinite_queue>
cuts both ways. If the producer enqueues a pending promise, the consumer
cannot detect this as different from the producer not yet having enqueued
anything. For most purposes, this is the more convenient behavior. However,
for flow control purposes, the consumer might want to limit how far ahead
of the producer it dequeues, and this ambiguity would cause the consumer to
stall inappropriately.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM