Re: Coordination (was: ES6 Modules)

Hi Anne, while I mostly agree with Rick, I also see the scalability problem
you're worried about here. Part of the problem is that so many w3c platform
APIs are designed without any appreciation of JavaScript esthetics, often
it seems without any real JavaScript experience, and with WebIDL as the
design language for working out and discussing these API designs. Due to
heroic efforts by Cameron, WebIDL is now a workable formalism for
specifying such APIs. But as a design language for discussing and working
out the designs, WebIDL systematically leads to APIs hostile to the working
JavaScript programmer.

If more of the w3c's design discussions were phrased in terms of JavaScript
APIs as they would appear in JS, that would help. Once a design is settled,
then re-expressing it in WebIDL probably remains a necessary evil, but one
that would hurt less.