Re: [webcomponents]: Platonic form of custom elements declarative syntax

On 4/11/13 12:23 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> So why don't you make "register" a static method on HTMLElement and then
> define the <element> semantics so it automatically does:
>      MyElement.register()
>
> This would normally invoke the inherited static method

I lost track of something here.  Why would it do that?  Does MyElement
have Element on its proto chain?  MyElement.prototype certainly has
Element.prototype on _its_ proto chain, but that's a separate concern
from what happens with the interface objects...  Is this something that
ES6 classes define differently from current WebIDL and implementations,
and if so, do we need to align the two somehow?