Re: "var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Brandon Benvie
<brandon@brandonbenvie.com>wrote:

> One incompatibility in current implementations is that
> Object.getPrototypeOf(window) in Opera is Object.prototype whereas the rest
> have something like Window.prototype (Window doesn't exist in Opera).

You may want to test with 12.50 Desktop snapshots here. i.e., we've
recently altered window's prototype chain to

window -> Window.prototype -> NamedProperties -> Object.prototype

to improve compatibility with others..and spec.

Putting IDL properties on the prototype wasn't done at the same time.

--sigbjorn / sof@opera.com