Re: E4H

> So I think what is needed to make the DOM drastically easier to use is
> an extension to ECMAScript specific to implementations of the
> Window-object where the literals translate automatically to DOM objects.
> This extension is ideally simpler than E4X and does not have to support
> all of the DOM. Basically elements, attributes, and descendant text
> nodes are what is important here I think.
>
> E.g. to create a hyperlink and append it to a document all you would
> have to do is:
>
> var link = <a href="http://example.org/">Example Organization</a>
> document.body.appendChild(link)
>
> For comparison:
>
> var link = document.createElement("a")
> link.setAttribute("href", "http://example.org/")
> link.appendChild(document.createTextNode("Example Organization"))
> document.body.appendChild(link)

insertAdjacentHTML would work fine in this case.
And we could add appendHTML or some such.

We need plenty of use cases and write down requirements before
adding anything like E4H to the web platform.

I'm not against something like E4H, but before implementing or
specifying anything like it, it is better to understand what
kinds of problems we're trying to solve.

-Olli