publishing Web IDL with a second LCWD

Hello everyone.

I've just finished resolving the LC comments on Web IDL.  The only 
sticking point is the one about modules -- I decided to defer their 
removal just because I don't have the time right now, but it seems like 
that is the right thing to do.  I think it should be OK to drop them 
from the spec after the publication, and not have that be an impediment 
to going to CR afterwards.  Similarly, there was some editorial work 
(making more obvious which features are for legacy APIs only) that I did 
not get to.  I will do that once I am back, too.

There were a couple of questions in Allen Wirfs-Brock's feedback that 
weren't direct requests for changes, but my response questions to him 
might result in some further changes at some point.  Nothing drastic, 

The lc1.txt file is up to date, I believe.  We probably don't need to 
wait for commenter satisfaction indication in all cases, since we are 
not going to CR straight away.

I'm away for the next four week, so it would be good if we could get the 
spec published again.  Art, if you think we are good to go, could you do 
a CfC for LCWD#2 (and assume my +1 to publishing) and handle the 



Received on Friday, 9 September 2011 13:29:22 UTC