Re: [[Call]] behaviour of operations

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>wrote:

> [...] Also, ES consistency for such cases would use the global object of
> the context that the function originated in.

+1. To reemphasize the point I was making earlier, which agrees with Allen's
point above, if these methods simply use *their* global object, independent
of their this-binding, then they can and should simply ignore their
this-binding. If you wish to think of these as functions that are as-if the
result of a .bind(this), feel free to think of it that way. But I would not
recommend trying to describe it that way in the spec language. The specified
behavior of such function should simply not mention "this".

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM