Re: [[Call]] behaviour of operations

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> If people think it is safe to make all of the window object's methods bind
> to the window they are grabbed off, then I'm happy to make that change.  It
> is different behaviour from what we have at the moment, though.

For methods that make use of their window, like postMessage, that we wish to
still make use of their window when called as a function, I think that
change is good and important. Remember that all future versions of
JavaScript are a successor only of ES5.1/strict. Non-strict is a dead end,
so we should not try to use it to explain the behavior of host objects.
Thanks.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM