Re: [WebIDL] Handling undefined in Overload Resolution Algorithm

On 9/08/11 10:14 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I'll investigate existing APIs to see how many we would need to annotate
> with "explicit undefined doesn't mean missing argument" behaviour.

I started doing this today.  I got through half of the list of HTML5
APIs where you have overloading or optional arguments, and I did not
find any instance of an implementation treating undefined as an omitted
optional argument.  However, many of them either have non-interoperable
behaviour across implementations, or have behaviour such that omitting
the argument has the same result as coercing undefined to the argument
type and treating it as a specified argument.  So I think going ahead
with this change, and annotating those that really require undefined not
to be treated as an omitted optional argument, is feasible.