Re: First paragraph of ECMAScript binding of attributes shouldn't immediately be constrained further

Hi Geoffrey.

Thanks for the comment.

On 18/07/11 7:47 AM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> Alternatively, a more radical change would be to change it to:
>
> "For each attribute defined on the interface, there must be a
> corresponding property, unless:
>
> the identifier of the attribute is “constructor”; or
> the identifier of the attribute is “toString” and the interface has a
> stringifier.
>
> If the attribute was declared with the [Unforgeable] extended attribute,
> then the property must exist on every object that implements the
> interface. Otherwise, it must exist on the interface’s interface
> prototype object."
>
> This avoids the duplication of the constraint, and keeps the requirement
> as to where the attribute must be placed in one place, both of which
> seem like reasonable goals.

I think this latter change is better, so I've gone with that.  I omitted
the requirement to omit it if the property name is "constructor" or
"toString", since I now have a blanket ban on interface members with
these names.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.346;r2=1.347;f=h

Please let me know if you are satisfied with this resolution.

Thanks,

Cameron