Re: Strict mode callbacks and setTimeout

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> That's unclear.  While there is only one task queue, the list of active
> timeouts is per-window.

Indeed. setTimeout also depends on the "fully active" state of the
Document of its Window. APIs are definitely dependent on which Window
they're called on. I like the idea of WebIDL making that all be defined
without my having to worry about it. :-)

> And it's not clear what set of algorithms "started before this one" step
> 8 of
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/timers.html#dom-windowtimers-settimeout
> refers to.  Just within a single event loop?  Or globally across the
> entire application?  Or something else?

It means literally what it says, i.e. globally across the whole universe,
within, of course, the limitations of the hardware. This might be too
strong a requirement, though. I'm happy to scope it somewhat if that would
make more sense. Scoping it to the Window objects using the same event
loop probably makes the most sense; would that be better?