Re: Strict mode callbacks and setTimeout

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 7/6/11 5:36 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
>
>> Why? What breaks if webidl considers setTimeout to be a strict function?
>>

> Then the this object will be wrong (in particular not be a Window) and
> WebIDL will require that the function throw.

Where is this requirement? (I'm not doubting it, just requesting a pointer.
Thanks.)

I do see text about "method context", but this seems to be a distinct
concept:

The method context, when referenced by the algorithms in this section, is
the object on which the method for which the algorithm is running is
implemented (a Window <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#window> or
WorkerUtils object).

This definition isn't exactly clear, but doesn't say anything about a
this-binding.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM