Re: whether [Callback=FunctionOnly] should be the default

On Jun 27, 2011, at 05:06 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Although I thought [Callback=FunctionOnly] would only be used for cases
> where compatibility required the different handling from the default,
> some spec authors seem to have taken a liking to it.

I'm pretty sure that there's an awful lot of cut and paste going on, I wouldn't necessarily read all that much into it. It takes way too much IDL to specify a callback, and most of what's required is boilerplate. People just copy from other specs and it takes a while before someone notices this. We should probably try to make editors more aware of this.