Re: DOMString-like objects for the CSSOM

On 2/19/10 11:32 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> !, ===, typeof. Also, every single place in ES5 where there's an
> observable difference between primitives and objects.

Well, sure.  With the exception of typeof (which is in fact used on some
.style.whatever things, but not on all of them), I suspect that web page
reliance on the things that would have to change here are low.

> For example:
>
> 'f' in 'x'
> TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'f' in x

This is more serious, since it could hinder object-detection of the new
properties....

Thank you for bringing that up.