Re: Adoption of the Typed Array Specification

On May 13, 2010, at 4:57 PM, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> I'm surprised no one has said this yet but here goes:
>
> ArrayBuffer needs to extend Array. In other words instances of
> ArrayBuffer needs to also be instances of Array

I don't believe ArrayBuffer behaves like a superset of Array at all. It is intended to be an opaque type whose data is not accessible except via "views" into a range of the buffer (possibly the entire buffer).

But I can understand your concern about the naming, which can of course be changed.