Re: aliasing elements

On 8/16/06, G. Ken Holman <gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com> wrote:

> At 2006-08-16 14:38 -0400, Jim Jewett wrote:
> >Is there any way to alias an element or attribute from another namespace?
> >I believe that xml:lang and xml:base are similar,

> I don't see how.

These two (along with id) are often the only attributes which have a
mandatory external namespace.  When specifying valid attributes, it is
ugly and awkward to say that one has a colon in the middle of its
name.  But not using the external namespace can lead to compatibility
problems.  (This is probably worst with id, because of the role of id,
but it is always awkward.)

-jJ