Fw: [dsdl-discuss] NVDL and XHTML+XForms

Forwarded by MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
 From:    "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
 To:      member-cdf@w3.org
 Cc:      dsdl-discuss@dsdl.org
 Date:    Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:06:38 +0900
 Subject: [dsdl-discuss] NVDL and XHTML+XForms
----

Folks,

I thought that <trigger> of NVDL is good enough for XHTML+XForms
even when they share the same namespace URI.  However, I might
have been too optimistic.

Consider an XForms subtree <select1> embededded in an XHTML document.
In my understanding, another XHTML subtree <p> may be embedded in this
XForms subtree.   (Am I right?)

Then, we have to specify "p" using the trigger element of NVDL so that
we can extract the embedded <p> and validate it against the XHTML
schema.  However, another <p> may appear dicretly below the <body>
element of the XHTML document.  Such <p> will be mistakenly detached
from the top-level XHTML, although it should not.

We can overcome this problem by slightly extending the trigger element
of NVDL.  For example, we can allow a <trigger> to specify a list of
qualified names.  This <trigger> element detach an element from its
parent element when (1) the qualified name of this element is in this
list and (2) the qualified tag name of the parent element is NOT in
this list.  However, the use of different namespaces for different
vocabularies is a much better solution.

Cheers,
--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>