Re: Schema.org version 16 is live

Hello Dan,

this sounds like a good plan to quickly publish improvements and react
to typos and bugs. I wonder if increasing the release counter by one for
every small change is a good idea though, especially since now there
seems to be a new schema.org version every working day
<https://schema.org/docs/releases.html>. I guess every new release
should also include vocabulary definition files in different formats
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/tree/main/data/releases/> for us
developers, as it has been until version 15.0. After all, we need to
fetch and parse the versions listed in the release log
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/blob/main/versions.json>, to be
schema-version-aware and so (semi-)automatically adapt our tools and
data to the changes of schema.org.

Since I couldn't find new vocabulary definition files at
github/data/releases
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/tree/main/data/releases/> I
checked the page for developers
<https://schema.org/docs/developers.html#defs>, where only the latest
version is listed, e.g.
https://schema.org/version/latest/schemaorg-all-https.jsonld

I changed "latest" to "20.0" (the latest version at time of writing this
email) in the URL and i got the same vocabulary, as expected:
https://schema.org/version/20.0/schemaorg-all-https.jsonld

Changing the version string to earlier releases did not work though:
https://schema.org/version/18.0/schemaorg-all-https.jsonld

I guess those vocabulary definition files must be stored somewhere, else
the latest versions could not have been served as it is currently with
"20.0". I hope some clarification can be provided about these vocabulary
definition files in the context of these faster release cycles.

Thank you very much for your work, Dan.

Sinc. Omar Holzknecht