Permit external JSON-LD files?

From: Roger Rogerson <tesconda2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:17:21 +0000
To: "public-schemaorg@w3.org" <public-schemaorg@w3.org>
I appreciate that things like MicroData are inlined,
and utilise the HTML Markup to associate data with content.

But JSON-LD Schema is embedded.
In many cases, this additional code serves no "human" purpose,
and is provided for "machines" (typically Google).

A shining example is the following web page (remove spaces after periods):
https://www. delish. com/cooking/g1956/best-cookies/

That page has approximately 35Kb of Schema.
That is loaded for every single human visitor.

In the case of popular pages - this means a large amount of unnecessary
code is transferred (Gigabytes or higher per year).

If the JSON-LD could be externalised into a referred to file,
then this could reduce bandwidth consumption for users,
help speed up some page load times/improve performance
and help towards "going green".

I appreciate that technically,
this isn't about "Schema" directly,
but about how Browsers and Parsers can recognise and handle
and externalised version - but I'm hoping this is the right place
to get it considered and the right people to see it/push it to browser vendors.

Thank you.
Autocrat.