Re: Describing NFTs with schema.org

Hi Hugh,

Regarding the main NFT standard for the Ethereum blockchain, ERC-721, its
metadata is based on a title, a type and three properties about the asset
with the NFT represents. These properties are:

   - “name”: identifies the asset to which this NFT represents.
   - “description”: describes the asset to which this NFT represents.
   - “image”: a URI pointing to a resource with mime type image/*
   representing the asset to which this NFT represents.

They are well aligned with schema.org, but limited to this closed set.

There is also the InterNFT proposal, https://internft.org,  a community-led
initiative to develop an NFT standard that can work across different
blockchains. In this case, the idea is to associate JSON-LD metadata to the
NFT. This way, the full potential of semantic metadata can be used to
better describe the associated asset.

Best regards,

Roberto García
Associate Professor