Re: Thing properties

Yes! In fact this piece of knowledge is the key to being able to read
Schema.org markup in json-ld, rdf, microdata, ... Or even in other W3C RDF
settings like RDF/XML, SPARQL (for querying),  Turtle, N-Triples, N-Quads,
SHACL, ShEx etc etc.

In any of these when you see an initial lowercase letter beginning a term,
it will be a property term.

If it begins uppercase, the majority of cases it will be a type (aka
class). However it might also be an enumerated value, i.e. an instance of
the Enumeration type.

This convention is also followed in most other RDF schemas too.

As for our breadcrumbs punctuation, "::" is a poor choice of mine. It looks
too much like something from the C++ programming language (
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/scope-resolution-operator-in-c/ ).

Essentially what we want to communicate in the site navigation structure is
the kind of term (property, type or value), alongside a summary of where it
fits in the corresponding hierarchies (supertypes, superproperties).

I wonder whether introducing a few diagrams in our docs like used in
https://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-MCF-XML/MCF-tutorial.html would help communicate
the underlying approach to data modeling?

Dan