GitHub Discussions FTW!

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:31:37 -0600
Hi Dan and Vladimir,

I saw Vladimir's tweet about Schema.org GitHub issues and failing the
community.

I think I see a solution where *GitHub Discussions* instead is already
providing several other open source communities such as Gatsby, Nodejs,
ImageMagick, just to name a growing few.  I have seen firsthand just how
wonderful it has made Nodejs community come together and keep the devs
focused on solving issues.

*GitHub Discussions* could be enabled to provide the community a place to
discuss that is separate from GitHub Issues and where you and team would be
able to turn any discussion into an issue with 1 click whenever desired or
needed.  Discussions are threaded, linkable, can upvote, and supports
Markdown, and where you can create general categories such as below:
[image: image.png]

GitHub Discussions can be enabled in the project settings.
https://docs.github.com/en/discussions/collaborating-with-your-community-using-discussions/about-discussions

Thad
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/
https://calendly.com/thadguidry/