Re: Schema.org related SHACL shapes

On 21/05/2020 03:20, James Hudson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dan B.,
>
>     While I am disappointed that no one has already done my work for
>     me :-), what you have confirmed (I think) is that it is work worth
>     doing and there are no known red flags against considering
>     developing SHACL Shapes which would validate schema.org
>     <http://schema.org> data instances.
>
>     If anyone can point me to specific work that have experimented
>     with creating SHACL Shapes which validate schema.org
>     <http://schema.org> data instances, I would be interested. I will
>     keep looking.
>
>     Based on the breadth and extent of schema.org <http://schema.org>,
>     it would seem to be a lot of work for complete validation.
>

> Alasdair,
>
>     I looked at your site, but did not see any SHACL Shapes related to
>     schema.org <http://schema.org> classes or properties. I assume you
>     are using them underneath somewhere...? Can they be shared?
>

> Gregory, Thomas,
>
>     Thank you for pointing me at http://datashapes.org/schema. Unless
>     I am mistaken, it ( http://datashapes.org/schema.ttl ) seems that
>     is about validating schema.org <http://schema.org> classes and
>     properties itself and not data instances.

No, that SHACL file is actually for instances. It is generated from the
original RDFa definition of the schema.org classes and properties and
interprets the specified ranges as sh:datatype and sh:class constraints.
So you *can* use it as a shapes graph when validating instances.

And yes, it's not entirely up to date - if anyone needs the very latest
version I could re-run the generator (which is also bundled with TBC in
case anyone has that).

Holger