Re: Schema.org related SHACL shapes

Hi,
for looking up our (I'm also part of the team Umutcan was mentioning)
use of SHACL shapes (we call our usage of them Domain Specifications)
check out the slides of a tutorial we recently gave [1] (starting on
slide 23)

[1] https://stiinnsbruck.github.io/kgs/#slides

Regards, Elias

On 20.05.20 18:10, Umutcan Simsek wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> You may want to take a look at https://semantify.it and
> https://ds.sti2.org.
>
> There we have domain-specific patterns defined in SHACL. Not sure if
> there are already some patterns addressing your needs, but you can
> create your own patterns there with the editor
> (https://semantify.it/domainspecifications/create) and verify your
> annotations with the evaluator (https://semantify.it/evaluator). We have
> recently also released a feature to check whether a semantic annotation
> matches the content of the webpage to which it is embedded (still in
> progress).>
> Full disclosure: I am a part of the team that develops the semantify.it
> platform, which is one of the outcomes of our research.
>
> Greetings
>
> Umut
> On 2020-05-20 16:57, James Hudson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Let's say that I had some data like
>> https://schema.org/Invoice#Invoice-gen-367
>>
>> A property on Invoice is paymentDueDate which needs to be a Date or
>> DateTime.
>>
>> So, for example, assigning a string like "XXXXX" to the property is
>> not valid.
>>
>> I could create a SHACL Shape which would produce a validation error,
>> but I was wondering if there were already SHACL Shapes available which
>> validate data instances of Schema.org classes.
>>
>> Regards,
>> James
>> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud
>> service.
>> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com

Elias Kärle, MSc
Semantic Technology Institute