From: Hugh Paterson III <sil.linguist@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, 14 June, 2020 04:03
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Subject: Project and outputs

Greetings,

I've been loosely watching some of the discussion which has been happening around describing projects in schema terms. https://schema.org/Project (and in my case https://schema.org/ResearchProject)

I'm wondering if or how people are describing the outputs of a project. As my use case I have an academic research project with several publications, several presentations (which are events which feature creative works — but not in any sense that the current documentation insinuates), and a dataset. One potential I see is to use something like hasPart or https://schema.org/isPartOf to describe the relationship between the project and output.

But the design intent for https://schema.org/isPartOf seems to be that it is used between two creative works rather than a conceptualized grouping of activities (a project) and some creative work(s).

Another option is to classify a project as an event (a really long event) which also seems to be abuse of "event".

I could stretch and think of a paper or dataset (which can both be described via schema terms) as a product of the project, but this seems to be a stretch.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Surely I'm not the first to try and cross this bridge ;-)

Thanks in advance,
all the best,
- Hugh