Re: CurrencyConversionService and ExchangeRateSpecification markups?

Hi Pauline,

The ExchangeRateSpecification
<https://schema.org/ExchangeRateSpecification> term
you correctly identify is one of many that are in the pending
<https://schema.org/docs/pending.home.html> section of the Schema.org
vocabulary.

Somewhat counterintuitively a term's presence in the pending section is not
a discorragement to its use in markup. It is more the opposite, an
encouragement to use to prove the usefulness of the term(s) as expected by
those that proposed it.

It has been acknowledged that the process for moving term definitions from
pending into the core areas of the vocabulary, and potentially weeding out
less successfully adopted, has not taken off fully yet.  Nevertheless you
will find many very well used terms in the pending section.   The more
sites that use pending terms, the more successful those terms will be, and
the more likely it will be that data consumers such as search engines will
take notice of data containing them.

As to examples of how to mark up an ExchangeRateSpecification, I would take
your lead from the examples
<https://schema.org/ExchangeRateSpecification#examples> on the schema.org
page.
eg.