RE: 301 Redirects to prevent some breakage in Linked Data

I find this discussion interesting.

Am I alone in thinking copying the URI of a term from the browser’s address bar is normal? I know I do. That’s why I think performing an HTTP redirect to the canonical URI is so important (and to also strongly reconsider using “http” as the canonical scheme). Redirects should be added for any spelling of a term to its canonical form.

I agree warnings should be given when a redirect has occurred, though. Just like on Wikipedia.

Also, to make people less likely to copy the URI from the address bar, the URI could be made clearly visible in a code-like field with a copy button next to it, perhaps? Almost like the repository URL on GitHub.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg    -=|=-    asbjorn@ulsberg.no