From: Margaret Hagan <mdhagan@stanford.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 4:34:56 PM
To: Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@dataliberate.com>; Guha <guha@google.com>
Subject: Re: Public Interest legal aid markup

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to bump this up. Do you thin it might be possible to do a profitStatus addition?

Also — I have a few other questions on best practices for representing government or public interest services:

1. How to signal free? We are having some debates about whether we should describe an entire organization’s free services in one of these 3 ways:

Option A: “isAccessibleForFree”: true
Option B: “free”: true
Option C: “priceRange”: “free"

2. Can we make LegalService in a Service class, akin to a GovernmentService?
We want to designate the legal aid organizations as LegalService type, but that is currently classified as LocalBusiness. We would prefer a type that is a Service class, so that we can represent them akin to how government services are presented.

In particular, we want to be able to represent their individual offices (like Legal Aid of Hawaii’s offices on individual islands) as ServiceLocations [akin to example1 on this page, https://schema.org/ContactPoint, that has government services offered at different locations.

That example also has the availableChannel to describe specific clinics or hotlines for specific demographics. That is also one of our main needs in legal aid groups — to describe hotlines for housing questions, hotlines for Spanish-language speakers, clinics for elderly people, etc.

Thank you so much for your help. We really appreciate your assistance in moving this forward, so we can get widespread legal aid markup as soon as possible! Best, margaret