Re: SDTT required attributes - who decides ?

Yes - that's how things are divided up. You can think of Schema.org as a
dictionary. Dictionaries don't tell you what to say, they just document the
meaning of terms. It is natural for organizations (like Google) who make
use of schema.org to document the specific combinations of terms that they
make special use of, including whatever notions of "required" or
"recommended" make sense for those applications. You can find a list of
Google structured data -related features at
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/search-gallery - most of
which are based on Schema.org.

Dan