Re: dataCommons.org: Data Commons Knowledge Graph (DCKG)

I totally agree with you, "what really matters is the utility of the data",
However, is important to note that for building high-quality Knowledge
Graphs(KGs)
depends on the structure and identified reliable data sources. "What gets
measured, gets improved".

I am just curious about these numbers because two reasons: First, to date,
some authors have estimated the cost of the KG curation and that create a
large-scale KGs can be hard and costly [1]. As well as, whichever approach
is taken for constructing a KG, the KG resulted is not always correct [2].
Second, the importance of KG cleaning in the KG creation lifecycle, where
external sources(e.g., Data Commons Knowledge Graph DCKG ) can be used as
input to training data i.e., machine learning approach may require a
sufficient quantity of training data.

thank you for your time!

Elwin

[1] Paulheim, H. (2018). How much is a triple? estimating the cost of
knowledge graph creation. In Proceedings of the ISWC 2018 Posters &
Demonstrations, Industry and Blue Sky Ideas Tracks co-located with 17th
International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2018), Monterey, USA, October
8th - to - 12th, 2018.
[2] Bordes, A. and Gabrilovich, E. (2014). Constructing and mining
web-scale knowledge graphs: Kdd 2014 tutorial. In Proceedings of the 20th
ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining,
KDD ’14, pages 1967–1967, New York, NY, USA. ACM.

--
*Elwin Huaman *