Re: Historical events

I am brand spanking new to this listserv, and pretty new to the concept of
schema.org altogether, so I might be breaking protocol.  Please let me know
if I am.  Don't want to do that.

But the idea of historical event as a subcategory of event seems to make a
lot of sense to me in what I do.  I am not looking at general events,
though being able to say "World War II" would be handy.  I am looking at
things like when a ship was launched or when it sank as historical events.
(Would you be able to nest events?  Like event WWII -> event "sinking"?)
Right now event does not seem to fit this sort of thing.  I actually and
trying to put together and propose a small, er, taxonomy(?) for vessels
under vehicle. Seems to fit, almost.  One of the ideas I was considering
was "date sunk."  But maybe that defeats the purpose of event itself.
 Maybe it doesn't if I can't relate the ship to its historical event in the
current structure.  I'm not sure how that works.  There are obviously
people much more in the know here, so I am just throwing out these comments
and questions to get greater clarity of how we can use schema.org to
represent what we do effectively.

Shawn Fielding, novice