Re: Historical events

I like the idea of HistoricallySignificant as a Type that can be used with
other types.  It is easy to see how it could be used in combination with
Place types and sub-types.  Many places are designated as historically
significant by different organizations (such as World Heritage Sites by
UNESCO). National and provincial governments have historic landmark
schemes.  Events are sometimes deemed historically significant by
parliaments, international organizations or religious bodies.  Cultural
artifacts and festivals can also get such designation.

To avoid the issue Martin raises of the determination being entirely
subjective, the type could include a property indicating the designation
name (World Heritage Site) and the designating body (UNESCO).