Re: Historical events

Webfeet made a good point about the need for a more general approach to
historical significance. A pattern like the following might work:

*Thing*
*    Book*
*        HistoricallySignificantBook*
*    Car*
*        HistoricallySignificantCar*
*    Event*
*        HistoricallySignificantEvent*
*    HistoricallySignificantThing*
*        HistoricallySignificantBook*
*        HistoricallySignificantCar*
*        HistoricallySignificantEvent*
*        HistoricallySignificantMovie*
*        HistoricallySignificantOrganization*
*        HistoricallySignificantPainting*
*        HistoricallySignificantPerson*
*        HistoricallySignificantPlace*
*    Movie*
*        HistoricallySignificantMovie*
*    Organization*
*        HistoricallySignificantOrganization*
*    Painting*
*        HistoricallySignificantPainting*
*    Person*
*        HistoricallySignificantPerson*
*    Place*
        *HistoricallySignificantPlace*

So there would be two ways you could describe an event as being
historically significant:

   - type: HistoricallySignificantEvent
   - type: Event, HistoricallySignificantThing

Deciding between "historically significant" or "historically important"
could be debated too though:

historically significant vs historically important
<https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=historically+significant%2Chistorically+important&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2Chistorically%20significant%3B%2Cc0%3B.t1%3B%2Chistorically%20important%3B%2Cc0>

Anthony