Re: Schema.org and OWL

One more point: In a huge ecosystem like that for schema.org, the overall quality of data can sometimes increase if we use a class or property name that is more broadly understood, even if technically less correct.

Millions of Web developers around the globe have to pick the best-matching type and property from schema.org. Using a less widely understood yet more precise term may actually worsen the quality of markup, or reduce the amount of it, or both.

Martin