Re: Schema.org and OWL

Holger at TopBraid used to have an OWL version, http://topbraid.org/schema/
but they switched to using a SHACL representation instead.

While it would be nice if people using OWL tools could link or base their
terms on those in schema.org, I wouldn't waste a lot of time agonizing how
to express our loose domain/range construction in OWL-eze. OWL tools,
especially DL, tend to crash out easily when they run into unexpected
things.

The old schemaorg.owl file was a oneoff made in 2011, if I recall. But our
main definitions are essentially RDF/S. I'd look at SHACL (and ShEx; it is
a pity they diverged) if the goal is to characterize useful data shapes,
rather than just trying to attach properties to types. e.g.
http://book.validatingrdf.com

Dan