Re: Historical events

Hello

I believe there has been some work on WikiData around ships
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Ships> [1] that
might help,  I'm no expert, but have a friend who is a naval historian
and so I have looked at that work a little.

shipwrecking <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q906512> [2] might be a
better term than sinking: not everything that gets wrecked sinks.

In wikidata, a shipwrecking is an event, and ships have a property
significant event that can be used to link the ship to its shipwrecking.

In schema.org Event has a property subevent, so you could say that the
sinking of the Lancastria was a subEvent of WW2.

Phil

1. https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Ships
2. https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q906512

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090