Re: Eurocentrism, incorrect unit abbreviations, and proprietary Royalist Engish (sic) terms

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 08:00, Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the Web of Data is using the Open-World Assumption, the fact that
> you do not have a triple at hand that refers to a mountain as included in
> an offer does not imply that it is not rentable etc.

and yet it is so convenient to read meaning into missing data, e.g.
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1365#issuecomment-405212998

> It really makes no sense to attach commercial properties to things, they
> are much better attached to offers that refer to things. That is, in a
> nutshell, the essence of the GoodRelations conceptual model: That products
> and offers are best represented as two distinct entities. I am sure this
> idea had been around before GoodRelations.

Perhaps a variation on  "All problems in computer science can be solved by
another level of indirection" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirection

Dan