Re: How are you currently generating Schema.org syntax?

Hi, I'm a newcomer to the list and I don't quite understand all the
concepts in general. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding the principles, but,
does an 'opposite' approach like this make sense?

Standard annotation / metadata format mechanism for activated content types
augmenting content with its (learned) knowledge, accessible only with an
(inferred) content identifier.

Augmentation (activation): type / instance identity merge (discover type /
identity equivalence of different occurrences of the same entity),
attributes / links discovery (augment known schema about some entity kind
and populate inferred fields), context roles (extract role from entity
mention, entity from role occurrence, in a given context).

Standard activation alignment: content / annotations (IO / commands /
verbs).

Content types: text (structured / unstructured), images, serialization
formats, backends (schema annotations), domain flows (behavior
annotations). Integration (dimensional annotations / metamodels).

Content: identifiers, metamodel aggregation. CRUD. API (application /
service).

Annotations: (inferred) content identifiers relative retrievable / editable
metadata (content index aligned repository). API (application / service).

Client: Augmented content browser. Metamodel driven assisted content
browser (sessions: purposes / goals metadata driven helper, keep browsing
session items relations with each other / wizard like interface obtained
from metadata). API (application / service).

Although all these functionality is currently being tried to be solved by
embedding 'microformats' into content, the actual approach here is those of
a kind of 'protocol' for inferring / retrieving metadata identifiers via
the following APIs (for example): Index (resolve metadata), Naming (resolve
content), Registry (content / types / metadata bindings).

So, a 'semantic' lookup for 'hollydays_picture.png' in an HTTP resolvable
context could shield to a retrievable 'hollydays_picture.rdf' somewhere and
then, perhaps, an RDF vocabulary for describing image regions could be used
to describe the objects (i.e.: faces) in the visualization of that file in
a browser.

Standardization will be needed for such approach of 'pointing' external
metadata into a document. Addressing mechanisms exists for most markup
languages (XPointer, XPath, XLink) and that will leverage existing XML DOM
capabilities, plus XSL / XSLT declarative languages for ease of merge and
transform of metadata via templates.

I'm also not an expert in the field but doesn't SoLiD approach address some
of this issues. Seems like efforts in other lists like rww / lod have
nothing to do with semantic annotations, so I include them in this thread.
Regards,

Sebastian.
http://exampledotorg.blogspot.com