cssSelector on other properties?

From: Christian Zapf <christian@christianmochow.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 19:14:35 +0100
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to use the cssSelector or cssSelectorType on elements other than speakable or webPage. Wouldn't that make a lot of things easier? For example I would love to have it like this:

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
   "@context": "http://schema.org",
   "@type": "question",
   "text": {
       "@type": "cssSelectorType",
       "cssSelector": [".faq h5"]
       },
   "author": {
       "@type": "Person",
       "name": "someone"
       },
   "acceptedAnswer": {
       "@type": "Answer",
       "text":  {
           "@type": "cssSelectorType",
           "cssSelector": [".faq p"]
	   },
       "dateCreated": "2010-12-01T22:01Z",
       "author": {
           "@type": "Person",
           "name": "someone"
           }
       }

}
</script>

And my next question would be if it will be possible to use selectors like :first-child or :nth()-child at some future point? In my case where I imagine an FAQ section I would then only have to map the answer to the correct question via css selector (eg answer .faq p:first-child belongs to question .faq h5:first-child ... and so on) and it would require much less manual adjustments.

Is what I am trying just not possible or did I get something wrong?

Looking forward to your answer!

Best,
Christian