Re: schema-onto

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:21:05 +0100, Bryan Warren
<bryanwarrenalvarez@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I am new to schema.org. and I am not a semantic/ontology expert.
> I am working on an ontology that has quite a few terms that I can easily
> find in >schema.org. I know schema.org is not an ontology, I am taking
> it as a controlled vocabulary. could an ontology reusing terms from
> schema.org have an >advantage over those that could reuse terms but
> choose not to do it?

If you use actual schema terms, then there are schema.or processors that
will likely understand some of your stuff, although they probably don't
understand general ontologies. If you use the same names, there are
probably many people who are familiar enough with schema.org that they
will understand some of your ontology already. (If you use different ones,
those people are reasonably likely to make some mistakes confusing the two
things they work with).

Does that help?

cheers

Chaals