Re: Schema.org v3.3 release candidate for review

Dear all,

Many thanks for the ongoing discussion about the change proposal to
TouristAttraction brought forward by the Tourism Structured Data group,
I am impressed and grateful by the attention that you are paying to it.

One example of a tourist site which is not publicly accessible is the
Cave of Altamira, a World Heritage Site recognized as a masterpiece of
Paleolithic Art for its paintings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_Altamira It was open for years to
tourists until it was discovered that the paintings suffered from the
visitors. As you can read in the Wikipedia article, the place has been
closed to the public and a replica cave and interpretation centre has
been built in a nearby site.
Now, examples of places like this abound in the world of tourism:
private palaces like the Maison de l'Amérique Latine in Paris (only
private visitors are allowed), castles like Sully-sur-Loire being
restored
<http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/centre-val-de-loire/loiret/chateau-sully-loire-ferme-cause-travaux-1102837.html>
and temporarily closed to the public, protected places like the Cave of
Altamira...

Based on our past experience, which I try to convey in the examples
above, in terms of tourism we think it makes sense to give to travelers
information that a tourist site is not accessible, rather than not
publishing the site itself. If I wanted as a traveler to visit the Cave
of Altamira, I would be happy to find it in a search engine, learn that
it is closed, and that I can visit instead its replica and
interpretation centre.

Coming back to the example of the King's Chapel in Boston, closed during
service hours, I would model it as being open to the public, giving the
opening ours, and explaining in the description that the church is open
except during services.

Besides, I won't enter into the debate regarding the modeling choice
since I am not an expert in schema.org; based on Richard's guidance we
found within the tourism group that a boolean property looked simple and
good to express the reality described above. Quoting Richard,
> If the consensus it that this maybe problematic, the domain could be
> narrowed back to being TouristAttraction again.

Best,
Felipe