Re: Proposal for defining licenses

Hi! New to the schema.org community and discussions, but I'm excited to
learn more about how these discussions work (the implication also being
that you should feel free to beat me into shape while I'm unfamiliar with
this community's conventions).

Thinking about scenarios, I could see this being relevant to Organizations,
LocalBusiness, and individual practitioners (dentists, lawyers, etc.).
Restaurants are a good example, though it doesn't seem very typical since
the legal requirement in the US is usually to have the license on display
in the physical premises, but it doesn't seem very conventional or
necessary to have it on the website.

*However*, "certifications" do seem like something a business may want to
advertise on its web site. For example, a business may want to advertise
its LEED certification <https://www.usgbc.org/leed>. Skimming through the
types, I don't see anything related to a "certificate".

I think the common thread is an entity *may* want to document a signal of
recognition awarded to it by an authoritative body. It seems like both
licenses and certifications fall under both.