Re: Hi Schema.org members. Erik Anderson from Bloomberg. Question about routing/directions (traffic, walking, bicycle)

Thad,

I added several examples from different vendors for routing/directions.
They are here.

https://github.com/dprophet/schemaorg/tree/sdo-callisto/data/routing
Should I create an issue on github or do you handle this via the
mailing list?

Erik Anderson Bloomberg

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017, at 05:41 PM, Thad Guidry wrote:

> Hi Erik,

> Can you provide us with a Route example (JSON, API output, XML,
> whatever) that you deal with ? or want to deal with and apply
> Schema.org ?
>

> That will help.  I looked at a few from the URLs you provided, but
> there's a wide range there of possibilities.  So let's start simple
> casing with some provided examples, then we can explore further.
>

> -Thad

> +ThadGuidry[1]

> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:32 PM Erik Anderson
> <eanders@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Hi Schema.org members.

>>  Erik Anderson from Bloomberg.

>>  I have been using schema.org, in particular

>> http://schema.org/Place

>> http://schema.org/GeoCoordinates

>> http://schema.org/GeoShape

>>  I use this to decompose vendor geocoding services/results and
>>  convert to
>>  an vendor agnostic results. This way if the underlying provider is

>>  changed it doesnt impact the rest of the infrastructure.

>>  I am needing extensions around routing and directions (turn by
>>  turn),
>>  and other conditions along that route like traffic, construction,

>>  weather, etc.

>>  Here are a couple of URL's for those interested.

>> https://www.mapbox.com/directions/

>> https://developer.here.com/rest-apis/documentation/routing/topics/quick-start.html
>>

>>  Thoughts?

>>  Erik Anderson