Range of brand

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 16:04:33 +0200
I would like to use the term "brand" in some of my data with a text literal.

Basically the reason is half laziness half to save complexity

SO I'd like to do:

<#playlist> schema : brand  "Disney"

as text instead of linking to a URI

https://schema.org/brand

Looking at the description there text is not allowed.

1. If I decide to "cheat" (maybe as a stop gap until I can make something
better) ... would this be a big problem?
2. Alternatively is there some other term that could be used that takes a
text field,
3. or finally would it make any sense to allow brands to also be text
values?

Thanks in advance!